- Club meetings are held twice monthly from September through April.
- Member workshops and outings are held at various times and locations.
- Additional outings are often organized in the summer break
- We invite highly regarded experts in photography to speak at Club meetings.
- Topics include travel, nature, documentary, creative, and photographic techniques and advice.
- Subjects and levels of expertise depend on the needs of our members.
- Led by an advanced Club photographer.
- Most often on the Thursday evenings between Club meeting dates.
- Usually at a location other than the Library.
- Only Club members can register.
- Members share hands-on learning experiences at interesting locations.
- As numbers may be limited, members register via MeetUp.
- Club members may request to bring a guest.
- There are 4 Regular Competitions during the club season.
- Categories include Nature, Pictorial, and Colour and Monochrome Prints.
- Members are classed as Novice, Advanced or Specialist.
- Images are evaluated by accredited judges from outside of the club.
- Results are presented at club meetings with scores, comments & awards.
- Theme Night: Photos are entered on specific subjects.
- Photo Essays: These are thematic presentations, with accompanying music.
- Year-End Competitions: DMCC's Media Champions.
- G.T.C.C.C.: There are also competitions with other camera clubs.
Annual Awards Night:
- An entertaining, social evening to celebrate the Club year.
- Displays of images and results of the year-end competitions.
- Awards are presented to our Divisional and Year-end Media Champions.
- Members who are advancing in competition level are presented with certificates.